Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jumps not Jumped in Aiken

As we've been home a week tomorrow, I guess this will have to be my last Aiken post. The pain of leaving Eventing Disneyland definitely eased this weekend when I reconnected with so many of my fabulous students! It was so great to be back to my own teaching, and to see how well everyone did their homework! It made me feel a lot less guilty for leaving them in Maryland winter while I went off to play!

As Katchi was pretty much relagated to walking, there were a lot of jumps in Aiken we had planned to jump, but didn't. So here are a few snapshots of jumps not jumped in Aiken. Don't they just make you want to go?! It's not too soon - start planning for 2013 now!!!

Full Gallop Farm:


Full Gallop Farm - Preliminary water. Run through the water, up the mound, over the boat, back down the mound, and through the water again - Katchi would have loved this!


Okay, this one I'm glad we didn't have to jump! In the woods, off a turn, through a house, into the dark, and over...


...one HUGE table! Shared by Prelim and Intermediate courses. Wow.

Sandy Hills Farm:



Here is the incredible schooling cross country course just across the street from where Silva was located. Talk about a playground!










Phillip Dutton's farm in Bridle Creek has the most lovely huge jumping field - here is video of Mara Dean schooling a young horse with Phillip.









I didn't catch the name of this farm, but it's about 5 miles down the road from Bridle Creek - talk about the perfect galloping track for event horses! This video shows several of the True Prospect horses doing their conditioning work. Just looks like heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment