Thursday, July 14, 2011

3 days to go - Prelim Entry Stands.

I'm still entered.
Dressage test is memorized
Final jump school is complete.
Jumping tack is clean and trailer is mostly packed.
Ride times are posted.

Maryland Horse Trials II
Cherie Chauvin & Katchi Kapshi: OP-C
Dressage: 9:30
Show Jumping: 12:00
XC: 12:12

Sunday. High Noon. Me and my bat versus 3'7" painted poles.

Had an outstanding lesson with Phillip yesterday. It wasn't perfect and it wasn't easy. It was exactly what we needed. Phillip made his point. Katchi WILL stay in front of my leg at all times. I'll be riding show jumping on Sunday with my reins bridged, ready to activate the bat at a moment's notice. And ready to ride quiet when he's good and steady when he's really there. It will be good - I promised Phillip I'd make it good.

And when it's all over, the champagne is ready too.
See y'all this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time! Can't wait to read about it later:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're gonna rock it! Nina and I will be jump judging, so you'll hear us hollering for you :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS for all the encouragement and well wishes! Can't wait to report back GOOD NEWS! And really can't wait to hear lots of cheering while we gallop around - it will be my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete