Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I've ridden horses for almost 30 years, off and on, and I don't think I've ever ridden in the snow!I grew up just outside Dallas, Texas. We never really had snow - we had some ice, and then it would melt. I lived in Syracuse, New York for 2 years - and we had snow, but I didn't have a horse. And then it snowed and snowed and snowed in DC last weekend - and what luck - my great friend and student, Adrianne, came to the barn post-massive-snow-storm with her own personal photographer/husband! Adrianne and I have good luck with snow - last year, we were out for a late spring, light gallop at Rosaryville Park when it (totally unexpectedly) started to snow on us! I laughed so hard! Our horses thought we were nuts! And this time, not only did I get to ride in real snow for the first time of my life, but I got pictures too! When does life ever work out that perfect?! Katchi wasn't too sure about the whole thing at first , but he watched Adrianne's horse, Tori, intensely - Tori has rooting through snow all figured out! She roots through it, with snow all the way up to her eyes - do you think she can breathe with her nose burried in snow?!



No comments:

Post a Comment