Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Wishes

Despite the recent neglect of my blog, it is not retired!  In fact, it is soon to be flooded with several exciting announcements and adventures, the first of which comes, finally, today!

Christmas wishes and lifelong dreams do come true!

Mom celebrating her birthday with Katchi -
who is apparently quite talented at unwrapping gifts!
On December 21, my mom and I celebrated her birthday by signing a pile of papers for the future home of Golightly Sport Horses.  We have purchased the most beautiful 10 acres in Anne Arundel County (Maryland), and while there is so much work to do, I am so very excited to make it happen!  Currently, the property has only a small house and barbed wire fencing!  As soon as I can get a suitable pair of gloves and complete the requisite negotiations with the cow owners next door, the barbed wire fence will go far far away.  And in its place will come horse "proof" fencing, and a barn, and cross country jumps, and an arena, and I am so excited, I can hardly stand it!  In the meantime, I've moved out of my city condo and onto the farm.  As if the view of my future horse pastures and arena didn't make me happy beyond belief, the move has also taken the DC beltway essentially out of my life!  It feels a bit like breaking up with someone who you've known was no good for you for years, but you just couldn't tear yourself away.  Good bye DC beltway.  We are never ever ever getting back together.  Katchi now lives less than 5 miles from me.  It's like a little bit of heaven.  I can't even imagine how amazing it will be to have him 100 feet from my house!  As a kid, I never fully appreciated just how lucky I was.  And how many years I would spend trying to get myself back to the same life I was so ready to leave behind for the adventures of the world!

The driveway of Trevi Manor
View from house onto front fields.



Several years ago, my mom and I took a trip to Italy.  While in Rome, my mom insisted we visit the Trevi Fountain to throw in our coins and wish for true love.  With the purchase of this farm, we have decided to call it Trevi Manor, as it is our true love!  There's not much there yet, but it already has a website - I'll be keeping the site updated with our construction progress.  So check out the Trevi Manor website! 


Likely location of arena.


Future individual turnout paddocks.
 
A bovine neighbor.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! So happy for you and excited to see what comes next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is super exciting news for you! I am keen to watch your progress as you fulfill all of our dreams. Bernadette & Cora Lou Who.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Will be interested to hear about all of your adventures this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting! Congratulations on your purchase. I bet you can't wait to get Katchi out there!

    ReplyDelete