Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hagyard MidSouth Kentucky: More Photos and Quotes!






Katchi and I made it home safe and sound Monday night - the old truck and I managed to shave off 45 minutes on our return trip, so it only took us just under 12 hours! And that included a stop at a West Virginia gas station where I had an interesting conversation with a man with 3 teeth about whether Katchi had any "Morgan horse" in him - yep, I'm sure, not a Morgan. That was just one of many moments when I really wished Katchi wasn't my sole travel companion! But, the good news is that Katchi and I successfully completed a 12 hour road trip, and we're still speaking. I guess that says something about the strength of our relationship!



I have a lot of thoughts about the T3D experience that I want to share, but that will have to wait until my lazy weekend. But, for now, thanks to my lovely mom who made a quick call Saturday night to purchase all the T3D photos of me and Katchi - I have photos! And for those looking for a little humor today, I came up with my 5 favorite quotes of the event ...


“I did a one-star long format in 1994.” [Cherie] “Wow, that was 17 years ago! I was born that year!” [P3D rider]


“He’s fine.” [The answer to any and all questions at the 1st horse inspection.]


“He lost a shoe yesterday.” [The answer to any and all questions at the final horse inspection.]


“Do you want a beer?” [Every groom on Saturday night, to every rider with a stop on XC plus a few others.]


“My God. Are you seriously braiding me again?” [Every horse in the 3 day]


And now photos from Xpress Foto - great pics!!



First Horse Inspection









Dressage





Check out that super cool quarter mark!! I got skiilllzzz!


Both very pleased with ourselves! :)



Steeplechase

What steeplechase looks like when a horse doesn't understand to go THROUGH the brush!!







Cross Country!


Yea, still not getting the brush concept.





Picture perfect last fence! GOOD BOY!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking he cleared the fences with enough room to spare.. :) congrats on an awesome finish!

    ReplyDelete